Alpha Lion Super Human Review
Here we have our Alpha Lion Super Human review. It’s a hardcore pre-workout supplement aimed at serious gym enthusiasts. Featuring ingredients like caffeine and Octodrine, the effects and strength of this supplement are no joke.
Claimed to promote:
- Extreme energy and muscle pumps
Since it’s so potent, some people will wonder: will it cause side effects? Sit tight and read on, because that’s exactly what we aim to find out.
–Click to see the current top rated fat burners–
Pros and Cons
If you want to skip straight to the good and the bad part, this is it.
Overall, Alpha Lion Super Human is a great product. It features one of the better pre-workout formulas we’ve seen. And it’s really strong.
This can be a double-edged sword though, especially if you’re sensitive to stimulants.
- Aggressive effects, kicks in fast and hard
- Great for focus and energy in the gym
- L-Theanine helps to ease the caffeine crash and other side effects of stimulants
- 360-day money-back guarantee. Yes, that’s 360.
- Uses Octodrine, which is an aggressive stimulant that may cause side effects in intolerant users
- Could use a little lighter dosages, might be too much for some people
About the Company
Alpha Lion creates premium supplements for bodybuilders and fitness enthusiasts alike. We’ve already reviewed some of their products, including Alpha Cheetah. Most of their products are strong in their effects. They dose everything to the max, and as they say, “overdeliver” in results. Let’s find out if Super Human fits the description.
Some pretty impressive sounding benefits on the Alpha Lion Super Human Label:
- “Insane Energy”
- “Skin Tearing Pumps”
- “Arnold like Strength”
- “Laser Like Focus”
As always, we’ll need to see the ingredients to see how effective this pre workout really is.
Super Human is a clean and transparent formula with no proprietary blends. We were also positively surprised by both the quantity and the quality of the ingredients – except one that might have side effects (we’ll get to that below). The product has 4 different blends:
- Energy Matrix
- Pump Matrix
- Strength Matrix
- Anti-Crash Matrix
- Absorption Matrix
Let’s see what each of these will do for you.
Alpha Lion Super Human is off to a bad start with this blend. First off, caffeine is a great ingredient, but 2-aminoisoheptane and N-Methyl Tyramine HCI are not.
- Caffeine Anhydrous – Great for boosting your energy for a few hours. It’s an intense natural stimulant that will help you power through your workouts. It can also make you burn a bit more fat. Read more about why caffeine is a good pre workout ingredient here. (1)
- Octodrine (2-aminoisoheptane) – Similar in structure to the banned substance Ephedra. It might be a good ingredient if you like living on the edge. But combined with other stimulants in this product, it could be too much for some users. (2)
- N-Methyl Tyramine HCI – A central nervous stimulant. Thought to help with certain things, but it’s not our favorite ingredient in a supplement like Alpha Lion Super Human. Simply because there’s a lack of human clinical evidence for it. (3)
As the name implies, this blend is all about improving your muscle pumps in the gym. Here are its key ingredients:
- L-Citrulline Malate – Found in plentiful amounts in watermelon. A classic ingredient for boosting pumps. (4)
- L-Taurine – Aids the liver function, reduces cramping, and supports your cognitive performance. (5)
- Inositol Arginine Silicate – Arginine by itself is poorly absorbed in your body. But Alpha Lion Super Human did a great job by providing it in another form which is more bioavailable.
- Green Coffee Bean Extract – Contains certain compounds that can help you burn more energy. (6)
- Green Tea Extract – Increases your focus and metabolism via the stimulation of adrenaline. (7)
This blend contains only two ingredients, they are:
- Beta-Alanine – Helps you get one or two extra reps in the gym. Some users love it, some hate it. It causes paraesthesia, which is a harmless side effect that gives you a tingly sensation. The best way to describe it would be like entering a warm house after being in freezing cold weather. Then you get those tingles in your fingers and face. (8)
- Betaine Anhydrous – Found in beetroot, it can slightly boost your workout performance. (9)
This blend is great to see in a supplement like this. It features L-Theanine, which is a natural amino acid that works very well with caffeine. While caffeine gives you that jittery feeling, l-theanine smoothens it out and gives you a more calming sensation – thus the name anti-crash. (10)
Read more about L-Theanine in pre-workout supplements here.
This Matrix includes Bioperine, which is a patented form of black pepper. It’s simply there to make sure other ingredients in Alpha Lion Super Human get properly absorbed in your body. (11)
Nothing. In fact, it would be even better if Super Human left out one ingredient – Octodrine. This is a synthetic stimulant that could bring more problems than good things.
–Click to see the current top rated fat burners–
How to Take (Dosage)
The best dosage for Alpha Lion Super Human is 1 scoop with 12-16oz of water, 15-30 minutes before you hit the gym.
Make sure not to exceed more than 1 serving per day. While many pre-workouts allow you to take more scoops, Super Human isn’t your everyday pre-workout. It’s quite extreme in its effects, especially due to combination of Octodrine with caffeine and other stimulants.
For this reason, we’d suggest starting with just half a scoop to see how you react.
>>You Might Also Like: Our Alpha Lion Alpha Shredder Review
Side Effects of Alpha Lion Super Human
This is one of the less glowing parts of our Alpha Lion Super Human review.
For some users, this pre workout will work like a charm. With no side effects whatsoever. For more sensitive users though, the stimulants could prove to be too much.
Octodrine and caffeine in combination with other stimulants can lead to:
- Rapid heartbeat
Again, these aren’t common side effects. It’s just something to keep in mind if you’re intolerant to stronger pre workouts like this one. Even then, these side effects are easily avoidable if you start with just half a scoop or less to gauge your tolerance.
Alpha Lion Super Human costs $43 when buying on the official website. The best thing about this product is that you get a 360 money-back guarantee on it. Which is quite ridiculous!
Is Alpha Lion Super Human Good Value For Money?
We believe that it’s a great value for money. If for no other reason, then because you get 360 days to decide whether you like the product or not. If you don’t like it, you can simply ask to get your money back.
The only scenario where Alpha Lion Super Human wouldn’t be a good value for money is if you didn’t like its strong effects. In which case, you might want to look for a pre-workout with lighter ingredients.
Conclusion to Alpha Lion Super Human Review
Alpha Lion Super Human is one of the hardest-hitting pre workouts we’ve come across. This certainly comes with its advantages, but also disadvantages. It all depends on what you’re looking for.
If you love skin-tearing muscle pumps and going hard in the gym, and aren’t afraid of hardcore synthetic stimulants like Octodrine, then you’ll like it.
If you, on the other hand, are used to lighter pre workouts, then Alpha Lion Super Human might catch you by surprise when you take it.
If you’re willing to give it a try, you can check the product on Alpha Lion’s official website.
-Click to see Supplement Devil’s current top rated fat burners-
>Top 5 Fat Burners of This Year<
- The effects of caffeine intake on weight loss: a systematic review and dose-response meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. (source)
- Octodrine. (source)
- N-Methyltyramine: Uses, Benefits, and Side Effects. (source)
- Citrulline. (source)
- Taurine. (source)
- Green Coffee Extract. (source)
- Green tea extract thermogenesis-induced weight loss by epigallocatechin gallate inhibition of catechol-O-methyltransferase. (source)
- International society of sports nutrition position stand: Beta-Alanine. (source)
- Trimethylglycine. (source)
- L-theanine, a natural constituent in tea, and its effect on mental state. (source)
- Bioavailability enhancers of herbal origin: An overview. (source)